API reference for Drupal 10
Welcome to the Drupal API Documentation!
This site is an API reference for Drupal, generated from comments embedded in the source code. More in-depth documentation can be found at https://www.drupal.org/developing/api.
Here are some topics to help you get started developing with Drupal.
Essential background concepts
- Object-oriented conventions used in Drupal
- Extending and altering Drupal
- Security and best practices
- Types of information in Drupal
Storing and retrieving data
Other essential APIs
- Services and the Dependency Injection Container
- Utility classes and functions
- User accounts, permissions, and roles
- Render API
- Theme system
- Update API
- Batch API
- Queue API
- Typed Data
- Automated tests
- PHP Runtime Assert Statements
- Integrating third-party applications